Welcome to Hub!
We provide an application that allows people to join communities, message community members, and create profiles through the Hub website accessible at joinhub.com. This site will be known as the “App”.
2. Modification of the App or Terms of Service
To access certain features of the App, and to post certain User Content, you will have to create an account to become a “Registered User”. You must be 18 years of age or older. When you register, you may be asked to choose a password. You are responsible for safeguarding your password and agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree that you are solely responsible for any activities taken under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities. You shall immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your password. You agree that the information that you provide to the App upon registration, and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete.
4. Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
You may access and use the App and Content for your own personal non-commercial use. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the App, Content, User Content without prior written permission. The Company and its licensors own all rights, title and interest, including all worldwide intellectual property rights in the App, Content and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein other than your User Content.
b. User Content
(i) License Grant. The Company does not claim ownership rights to your User Content. However, by posting User Content to any part of the App, you grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the App or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the foregoing licenses to the Company. The Company shall own all right, title and interest in and to all derivative works and compilations of User Content that are created by the Company, including all worldwide intellectual property rights therein. You agree to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance reasonably requested by the Company to give the Company the full benefit of the rights granted to the Company by you.
You may remove your User Content from the App at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain backups of your User Content.
(ii) Limitations. You acknowledge and agree that the Company may, at its option, establish limits concerning User Content, including without limitation the maximum size of text or any other information that may be entered or uploaded to the App. The Company shall have no responsibility or liability and you are solely responsible for creating back-ups of your User Content.
(iii) Disclaimer. The Company has no ability to control the User Content that is uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted using the App and does not have any obligation to monitor such User Content for any purpose. The Company does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Company with respect thereto.
5. Termination and Cancellation
6. User Conduct
The Company wants to promote an environment where Users can safely interact with each other. You agree not to do any of the following while accessing or using the App:
- register for a User account on behalf of another individual;
- falsely represent yourself, impersonate another person or entity, or create a false identity on the App;
- use or try to use another User’s account;
- collect other Users’ email addresses or other contact information from the App using electronic or other means for sending unsolicited emails or communications;
- submit or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized promotional materials, advertising, solicitations, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content;
- intimidate or harass other Users;
- upload, email, or otherwise transmit (i) any User Content to which you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit and display (including any User Content that would violate any confidentiality obligations that you might have with respect to the User Content); (ii) any User Content for which you do not have the consent or permission of each identifiable person in the User Content to use the name of each person (to the extent each is implicated by the User Content) and such consent or permission in necessary; or (iii) any User Submission that infringes the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
- submit or transfer content, in the sole judgment of the Company, which is objectionable or inhibits another User from effectively using the App, or which may expose the Company or its Users to harm or liability;
- submit or store any content that the Company deems to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- submit or transfer User Content that constitutes, encourages, or provides instruction for a criminal offense, or violates the rights of any entity, or create liabilities or violates any local, state, national or international laws;
- use the App in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the App;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the App or impair and breach any security or authentication measures protecting the App;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, “hack”, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the App.
7. Copyright Complaints
The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and prohibits Users from submitting or otherwise transmitting any materials using the App that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. When the Company receives proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement, the Company will promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in accordance with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. If you believe that any material on the App infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to the Company’s Copyright Agent at:
PO Box 391711
Mountain View, CA 94039
8. Third Party Links
The App may provide links to other websites (“Third Party Apps”) or other resources from the App. Information on Third Party Apps are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies, and the Company is not responsible for any Third Party Apps accessed through the App. Inclusion of or linking to the use of any Third Party Apps does not imply approval or endorsement by the Company. You take sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. If you decide to leave the App and access Third Party Apps, you do so at your own risk and you are aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies of any site to which you navigate, including privacy and data gathering practices.
Your use of the App, Content and User Content is at your sole discretion and risk. The App, Content and User Content, and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranties of any kind. The Company EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO THE SITE, CONTENT AND USER CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. The Company disclaims any warranties: (i) regarding the security, accuracy, reliability, timeliness and performance of the App; or (ii) that the App, Content and User Content will be error-free or that any errors will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Company, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Accordingly, some of the above exclusions may not apply to you
11. Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that since no fees are paid to the Company, you shall be limited to injunctive relief only, unless otherwise permitted by law, and you shall not be entitled to damages of any kind from the Company, regardless of the cause of action.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply, and you may have additional rights.
The Company welcomes your feedback. You may submit feedback by emailing us at [email protected]. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information about the App (“Feedback”) provided by you to the Company or any of its employees or representatives are non-confidential. The Company shall own a non-exclusive license to the unlimited use of the Feedback, including without limitation the right to reformat and translate it, for commercial or other purposes and its dissemination without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
PO Box 391711
Mountain View, CA 94039
United States of America
Email: [email protected]